Saturday, July 5, 2014

Homophones, Homonyms & Homographs

How I spent my Saturday...


I created a 35 page differentiated literacy center/unit on homophones! I know... CRAZY!! ;)

This unit on homophones, homonyms, and homographs can be used in your classroom in so many ways… as a literacy center, morning work, reinforcement worksheets, during your introduction/instruction on homophones, as an assessment of understanding, for home learning, and even during guided reading. I have included several activities that can be used throughout the year, as well as for homework/home learning.

I have also differentiated this unit by using different color collars on the dogs for different learning levels... YAY!! :)

This unit on homophones, homonyms, and homographs includes the following…

- (7) Mini-Anchor Charts for introducing and reinforcing homophone learning
- “Homophones I matched” recording sheet (to be used with the puzzle game)
- “Use it in a sentence” worksheet
- “Which one is it?” activity
- “Color the homophone, homonym & homophone” activity
- “Who am I?” riddle matching activity

- Homophones Puzzle Game with 57 homophone puzzles

have also added blank puzzle pieces for each learning level for you to add any additional homophones you may want to use/introduce. :)






Click here to purchase this homophone literacy center/unit from my TpT store





2 comments:

  1. How do you recommend using the matching game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use it like a typical memory matching game. The students face them down and try to flip over a match. For their "exit ticket" when they finish the game, the students pick three sets of the words and must use them in a meaningful sentence correctly... so they are writing six sentences in total. The sentences help to keep the groups busy for the entire center block of time... especially for those that get through the matching game quickly. I hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Click here to leave a comment