Saturday, August 10, 2013

Important Dates for the 2013-14 School Year


Hi everyone! Time to mark your calendars with the following important dates for Crown Point Elementary School in August. Summer vacation is coming to an end, and the excitement of a new school year is upon us. My youngest son is starting first grade this year with the lead teacher I did my field service hours with, and my oldest will be taking over the fifth grade as the cameraman for the morning announcement broadcast this year! I couldn't be prouder!!

As for me? I am completely over the moon to be starting my internship this fall at Crown Point Elementary... and let's not forget, FINALLY graduating in December with my Early Childhood Education Bachelors Degree... YAY, ME! I have love, love, loved every second of my field service hours in Ms. East's first grade classroom at Beauclerc Elementary for the past three years, BUT, now I will be doing my internship in a kindergarten classroom at Crown Point. I have a million butterflies in my tummy... but I know that being out of my "comfort zone" and learning a whole new grade level will be an amazing experience for me this fall.


Quick note...

If your child will be attending another elementary school in Duval County this year, please click here to view the school hours and important dates for your school. This website also has links to each school's website for additional dates and times for orientation.

So, without further ado... here are the important dates for August 2013.







Also, please note that there are not any scheduled Early Release dates for August, and the dismissal time for Early Release this school year is 1:45 p.m. for elementary school grade levels.

Ooooooooooooh <insert stomping feet and waiving arms here> ... I am super excited and looking forward to an absolutely brilliant school year! I cannot wait to see everyone during orientation and the first day of school!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to leave a comment